The Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for the new session. Aspirants can check the detailed notification and apply for Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam. Through this recruitment, SSC will fill various posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), and Court Clerk for different departments & organizations in the Government of India.
Latest: SSC CHSL Notification released on 6th November 2020. Read the complete notification given below and fill the SSC CHSL Application Form 2020 before December 15th, 2020.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2020
- As per the SSC CHSL 2020 Notification, candidates are selected for CHSL posts based on their performance in three stages- Tier 1 (CBT), Tier 2 (Written Exam), and Tier 3 (Skill Test).
- The Starting Salary for a DEO post ranges from Rs 25,165 to Rs 31,045. The Salary for selected candidates will differ from post to post. Candidates can check the latest SSC CHSL Salary 2020 and all other important components of the CHSL Salary before applying for the desired post.
- The candidate must be aged between 18 and 27 years as of January 1, 2020, and they must have completed their secondary school of education from a recognized government university according to the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020.
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification PDF
The Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for the new session. Aspirants willing to apply for this post can go through the detailed notification to know in-depth information about the exam. Know the exam schedule, eligibility, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, and more.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates 2020
As per the recent notice, the SSC CHSL Tier 2020 Exam which was scheduled for the month of August 2020 has been rescheduled for the month of October 2020. All the candidates who are waiting to know the SSC CHSL New Exam Dates can check the table and plan their preparation accordingly.
|Notification Release Date
||3rd December 2019
||November 06, 2020
|Online Application Start Date
||3rd December 2019
||November 06 - December 15, 2020
|Online Application End Date
||10th January 2020
||December 15, 2020
|Tier 1 Admit Card
||07th October 2020
||April 1st Week 2021
|Tier 1 Exam Date
||12-26 October 2020
||April 12 - 27, 2021
|Tier 2 Exam Date
||To be Notified
||To be Notified
SSC CHSL Exam 2020
The Staff Selection Commission conducts a recruitment drive every year to fill in various vacancies in different organizations and Ministries. The Combined Higher Secondary Level exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for postal assistants, sorting assistants, data entry operators, lower divisional clerks, and employees for several departments and ministries of the government of India. CHSL is a three-tier exam.
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification Release Date
The combined higher secondary level online recruitment process for the year 2020-21 will begin tentatively in the month of November 2020. The notification will be released by the commission on the official website. The CHSL Notification includes all exam related information like the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection process, application fee, and more.
SSC CHSL Posts 2020
Under SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020, there are various posts offered and those are as follows
- Sorting Assistant/Postal Assistant (SA/PA),
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC).
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancy
As per the SSC CHSL Exam Notification, a total of 4893 vacancies have been released by the commission. It is important for candidates to be aware of the SSC CHSL Vacancy before applying for the post. Have a look at the below CHSL Vacancy List 2020 for all posts.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria completely before proceeding with the application process. Here are the detailed SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Eligibility Criteria as per the latest SSC CHSL 2020 notification.
A candidate must be a citizen of India, subject of Nepal/Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India are eligible to appear for the SSC CHSL 2020 Exam.
- The minimum age limit to apply for CHSL is 18 years and the maximum age limit should not exceed 27 years as on 01-01-2020 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002) are eligible to apply for the CHSL Exam 2020.
- As per the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Eligibility Criteria 2020, age relaxation is provided as per the government norms to candidates belonging to the reserved category.
|PH + OBC
|PH + SC/ST
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO Posts: The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator): The candidates should be 12th standard pass in science stream with Maths as a subject from a recognized government university.
SSC CHSL Application Form 2020
The SSC CHSL Application Form was available online from 3rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020. Candidates were allowed to fill the application form only through online mode. Here, we have provided the simple steps that help candidates to know how to fill CHSL Registration Form without any errors.
How to Apply for CHSL 2020?
Follow these Steps to Apply for the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam.
Step 1: Visit the Official SSC website or click on our updated direct form link to be directed to the CHSL Registration page.
Step 2: Enter your credentials including your Full Name, Date Of Birth, functional mobile number, and email id.
Step 3: Once Your Registration is complete, you will receive login credentials for your account on your mobile phone.
Step 4: Once you have successfully registered on the website. Click on the link "Application Form."
Step 5: Fill the form with requested details & upload your documents to complete the application process.
Step 6: The last step of the application process is Fee payment. Pay the application fee via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking and take 2 to 3 print outs for future reference.
Application Fee of CHSL exam can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.100 as the application fee for SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation and female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC CHSL Salary 2020
The Salary of CHSL employees increased drastically after the implementation of 7 pay commission. The following table will show you the Salary and PayScalefor different posts under the CHSL. With the introduction of the 7th Pay Commission, there is a hike of 22-24 % hike in the CHSL salary structure.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level In-Hand Salary 2020
Here is the list below in which post-wise salary has mentioned-
||In-Hand Salary (In Rs)
|LDC (Lower Division Clerk)/JSA
|DEO (Data Entry Operator)
SSC CHSL PayScale Band
In the following table, candidate get the information about the difference in the previous pay scale and the New Pay Scale of the employees-
||Old Pay Scale
||New Pay Scale
||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 1900
||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20
||Band 1-Grade Pay-₹ 2400
||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20
||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 2400
||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20
SSC CHSL Job Profile
The job profile of the SSC CHSL depends on the type of post. The profile varies for each post. Go through the roles and responsibilities of SSC CHSL employees from below.
- Making salary slips of the employees and the official notices, papers, etc.
- Taking Care of the data entered into the computer and maintain the documents.
- Handling customer queries
- Monitoring all the tasks
- Maintain the courtroom record
- The Court Clerk has to be dutiful towards the issuing of License or Permits
- The meeting agendas will be set by the Court Clerk
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2020
The selection process of the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level recruitment involves three stages:
- Tier 1 - Computer-Based Test
- Tier 2 - Descriptive Test
- Tier 3 - Typing/Skill Test
Candidates who clear all 3 Tiers of the examination are selected on the basis of their merit. The candidate's personal preference is also taken into account with merit while allocating positions in departments. In order to be selected, the candidates have to clear all 3 Tiers ( Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3) as per the SSC CHSL 2020 Notification PDF. Final documentation is done after all 3 tiers are cleared. Anybody who doesn't clear the documentation process is dropped from the selection process.
How are Score Discrepancies Resolved in SSC CHSL?
To resolve score discrepancies in the CHSL exam, the following procedure is followed by the commission.
- Tier 1 + Tier 2 marks are calculated.
- The candidate score in Tier 2 is calculated.
- The candidate's score in Stage 3 is calculated. If both candidates have the same score then the Date of birth of both students will be observed and the older candidate will be given preference.
- If the date of birth of both candidates is also similar then the alphabetical order of the candidate's name will be considered.